..............beautiful, vibrant, a riot of colors in the garden!



Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fall is a many splendored thing

Looking at the colors in the garden and the neighboring properties, I can't help but be in awe of the the colors provided by the trees around us. And I thank everyone who planted trees and shrubs to provide this explosion of colors in the fall. Living here in the Pacific Northwest, one of the things I decided is that I will have flowers and color during all 4 seasons. I didn't want to face fall and especially bleak winter with nothing going on in my garden. And so, I chose plants and trees that would provide color during these seasons. Here is a of picture of how the garden looks right now.




I followed this line of thinking when I planted the flowering plants: dahlias. lilies and peonies in the garden. I admit, I get greedy about flowers. I wanted to make sure I have flowers to enjoy outside and flowers to bring into the house all year long. Yes, there is a lot of work involved. But, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be surrounded by this beauty and fragrance!

For those of you interested in peonies, I just posted on my website: www.ilovepeonies.com the blooming times of different peonies. I hope that this helps you in your selection of peonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment